LifePath’s Healthy Living Fall 2020 Workshops
Healthy Living workshops are free and open to people with one or more chronic health conditions as well as their caregivers and loved ones. Six-week workshop series are offered in your community and lead by a team of two trained volunteers.
FREE, Remote Workshops You Can Access on Your Computer OR Your Phone!
Even though we are unable to gather this summer in groups, we are continuing to provide support and education for people with long-term health conditions. LifePath is offering new, approved delivery models of our self-management education programs during the time of social distancing. Our Healthy Living workshops provide information and practical skills that build self-confidence and help participants assume an active role in managing one or more chronic conditions. Caregivers and loved ones are welcome to attend. All workshops are still FREE!
Live Video Conferencing Workshops
- Books, CDs, and handouts mailed to your home
- 8-12 participants able to hear and see each other
- 2 Workshop Leaders
- Charts, brainstorms, and paired discussions like in-person workshops
Toolkit Telephone Workshops
- Posters and exercise CD, mailed in a “toolkit” to your home
- Weekly check in calls with 3-4 others to learn about health strategies, practice new skills, and talk about weekly goals
- My Life, My Health: Living Well with Long-Term Health Conditions: Provides information and practical skills that build self-confidence and help participants assume an active role in managing one or more long-term health conditions. Topics include healthy eating, relaxation techniques, communicating with health professionals and loved ones, goal-setting, problem solving, and more.
Live Video Conferencing Workshop: Six Wednesdays, 2:00-4:30 p.m., Oct. 14-Nov. 18
Toolkit Telephone Workshop: Six Tuesdays, 1:00-2:00 p.m., Oct. 13-Nov. 17
- Chronic Pain Self-Management: Provides information and practical skills that build self- confidence and help participants assume an active role in managing problems specific to chronic pain, including fatigue, frustration, and poor sleep. Topics include appropriate exercise for improving strength, flexibility, and endurance; pain management techniques; goal-setting; and problem solving.
Toolkit Telephone Workshop: Six Thursdays, 1:00-2:00 p.m., Oct. 15-Nov. 19
- A Matter of Balance–Managing Concerns About Falls: Teaches practical coping strategies to reduce the fear of falling and explores environmental risk factors and exercises that increase strength and balance.
Live Video Conferencing Workshop: Eight Sessions, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2:00- 4:00 p.m., Sept. 29-Oct. 22