- Written by Northwestern District Attorney's Consumer Protection Unit
- Published: 17 January 2020
Scams come in many variations. The stories might sound different but the motive is the same...to steal your money!
- Never wire or send money to someone you don't know
- Never buy gift cards to pay bills or taxes
- Never wire money, send gift cards, or mail cash
- Never wire money, send gift cards, or mail cash to claim a prize
Watch out for these popular scams!
- Lottery & Sweepstakes
- Computer Repair
- Family Emergency
- Utility Payment
- Social Security
If you have a consumer problem or question, contact the Northwestern District Attorney's Consumer Protection Unit:
Working in cooperation with the office of the Massachusetts Attorney General.