- Written by Carol Foote, Development Director, 413-773-5555 x2225, email@example.com
- Published: 07 February 2020
As we celebrate LifePath’s 45th anniversary year and move into LifePath’s 28th Walkathon season, we want to share updates and changes to the event we all know and love.
First, the Walkathon will be returning to the first Saturday in May. Please mark your calendars for Saturday, May 2, 2020, at the Greenfield Corporate Center, 101 Munson Street, Greenfield.
As a private, non-profit organization, LifePath receives state and federal funding which does not fully cover the costs across our programs of providing quality care to our community. LifePath’s Walkathon event has been pivotal in underwriting LifePath’s nutrition program when the agency experienced large gaps in funding.
Please mark your calendars for Saturday, May 2, 2020, at the Greenfield Corporate Center, 101 Munson Street, Greenfield.
It is thanks to the efforts of dedicated volunteers, generous donations to date, as well as increased funding from Community Block Grants and increased reimbursement rates, that we continue to provide a daily meal to each elder in our area in need. We’re feeling fortunate that the Meals on Wheels and nutrition programs have experienced greater financial stability this year than in the past.
Meals on Wheels is just one of many programs offered through LifePath that supports local elders in their intention to stay safely in their homes. Because LifePath’s nutrition program has strong backing this year, we’ve considered how the efforts of Walkathon teams may more broadly support elders, persons with disabilities, and their caregivers.
The power of community that each participant brings to the Walkathon over the years has been and continues to be integral to the well-being of those we serve. This year, the focus of the Walkathon event will be expanded so that funds raised may directly support underfunded LifePath programs. Receiving generosity from the community in this way offers LifePath the flexibility to make independence an option in every way possible through Meals on Wheels, Home Care Services, Benefits Counseling, Protective Services, SHINE, Healthy Living, Money Management, and more.
In this year of transition, how can you help?
Help us to get the word out about the transition.
- Now that you know how and why the event is changing, please help us to get the word out.
Sponsor the event.
- We are so grateful for the repeat support, and welcome new and renewed sponsors as well. When community members see your sponsorship of the event, they’ll understand that you prioritize the people we serve. Opportunities begin at $250.
Sign up with a team or start a team of your own.
- Registration and donation sheets will be mailed in February to previous walkers. Information and forms may also be found on the LifePath website.
- Encourage family members, friends, fellow co-workers, and others to join your team or give donations. The more the merrier! We suggest that you ask at least ten people to support you. Donations may be collected and recorded on your donation form or given online at LifePathMA.org.
- During this Walkathon season, wherever you go or wherever people can find you, be ready to share information and ask for support related to LifePath programs and services.
- Use social media to extend your reach to crowd fund and inform your followers about your own investment in LifePath.
- Let us know how we can help you with your efforts.
Share your talents, time, and creativity.
- Volunteer to help with the event.
- Offer your musical or other creative talent to showcase on event day.
- Share ideas of how to make this the best Walkathon yet!
Thank you for your continued support in making the people LifePath serves a priority, whatever their needs.