- Written by Carol Foote, Development Director, 413-773-5555 X2225, email@example.com
- Published: 17 April 2020
Virtual Walkathon one week away, as we collect clips, images, and quotes to present on event day, it has been fun and inspiring to understand how individuals and groups are participating in this unconventional approach to our traditional annual event.With the
To participate in this year’s event, you’ll need an email address and access to the internet.
To prepare to “be together” the morning of Saturday, May 2, here are a few “marching orders” to participate:
- Before 9 a.m., from your kitchen grab a hot beverage of choice, maybe a donut to commemorate the MANY donuts consumed over the years (or other Walkathon fare like an apple or banana), and find the email sent to you with directions on how to log on to our virtual presentation (this will be sent a day or two before the event).
- At 9 a.m., the “Watchathon” presentation will begin with opening remarks from Executive Director Barbara Bodzin and me, Carol Foote.
- It will continue with content collected from walkers, fundraisers, sponsors, staff, volunteers, and others who had something to share.
- Following the video presentation, we encourage you to head out for a walk, maybe wearing a Walkathon t-shirt from a previous year, a team item, or something blue which is LifePath’s signature color. Post any photos or videos to facebook, and include the hashtag #LifePathVirtualWalkathon2020.
We’d love to see the funds you have raised and collected begin to be turned in. There are a couple of options for making this happen:
- Mail to 101 Munson Street, Suite 201, Greenfield, MA 01301.
THANK YOU to everyone who has shown extra dedication this Walkathon season so that LifePath may provide the programs and services to those who need them to live at home and remain more independent. Because of all that you’ve done and who you are to LifePath, make sure we have your email address so that we may include you as a participant.
Please note: The video presentation will be available after Saturday’s virtual event through our website, in case you are unable to be with us that morning.