- Written by Andi Waisman, M.S.Ed., Healthy Living Program Manager
- Published: 15 May 2020
Workshops you can access at HOME on your computer OR your phone!
Even though we are unable to gather this summer in groups, we are continuing to provide support and education for people with long-term health conditions. LifePath is offering new, approved delivery models of our self-management education programs during the time of social distancing. Our Healthy Living workshops provide information and practical skills that build self-confidence and help participants assume an active role in managing one or more chronic conditions. Caregivers and loved ones are welcome to attend. All workshops are still FREE!
Live Video Conferencing Workshops
- Books, relaxation CD, and handouts mailed to your home
- 8-12 participants
- 2 Workshop Leaders
- A Technical Assistance Moderator
Toolkit Telephone Workshops
- All the tools in the traditional workshops + tip sheets and exercise CD, mailed in a “toolkit” to your home
- Weekly check in calls with 3-4 others to practice new skills and talk about weekly goals
- My Life, My Health – Chronic Disease Self-Management: This workshop is for adults with any long-term health condition and their caregivers: heart disease, depression, asthma, Crohn’s disease, obesity, etc. Partial list of topics include healthy eating, relaxation techniques, communicating with health professionals and loved ones, goal-setting, and problem solving.
Toolkit Telephone Workshop: Six Tuesdays, 1:00-2:00 p.m., July 7-Aug. 18
- Chronic Pain Self-Management: This workshop is for adults who live with chronic pain and their caregivers. Partial list of topics includes the mind/body connection; distraction and relaxation techniques; appropriate exercise for improving strength, flexibility, and endurance; pacing activity and rest; goal-setting; and problem solving.
Live Video Conferencing Workshop: Six Thursdays 1:00-3:30 p.m., July 16-Aug. 20
- Diabetes Self-Management: This workshop is for adults with pre-diabetes or diabetes or their caregivers. Partial list of topics include techniques to deal with hyper/hypoglycemia, appropriate use of medication, meal planning, goal-setting, and problem solving.
Toolkit Telephone Workshop: Six Wednesdays, 1:00-2:00 p.m., July 15–Aug. 19
- Healthy Eating for Successful Living in Older Adults: This workshop is for adults hoping to improve their nutrition in order to lose/gain weight or live well with a chronic condition. Partial list of topics include “My Plate” guidelines, nutrition basics, label-reading, meal planning, goal-setting, and problem solving.
Live Video Conferencing Workshop: Six Mondays, 1:00-3:30 p.m., July 13–Aug. 17