- Written by Jessica Riel
- Published: 13 May 2018
An annual meeting for professionals in elder care services
The 2018 Western Mass Elder Care Conference “Wrinkles = Experience” will take place on June 7, 2018, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Holyoke Community College in the Kittredge Center.
The conference offers an opportunity for professionals in Western Massachusetts to network, share knowledge and experiences with one another and educate themselves on topics related to their work in the field of elder care. The event is open to anyone who provides professional services for elders in any capacity.
The two keynote speakers are:
- Julia Fox Garrison, author of Don’t Leave Me This Way and acclaimed national speaker, who will jump start your day with humor and a patient’s perspective of medical care.
- Robert Roose, MD, vice president of Mercy Behavioral Health Care. In this role, Dr. Roose oversees Providence Behavioral Health Hospital (PBHH) and leads the behavioral health service lines, which include psychiatric, addiction, and recovery services. Dr. Roose will speak about opioid use related to geriatric medicine.
Fourteen different educational workshops will be offered over the course of the conference.
Morning workshops are:
- Social Security and Retirement Planning
- Talk Saves Lives – Suicide Prevention and Our Seniors
- Benefits of Chair Yoga
- Working with Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Demystifying Elder Law
- Holistic Instruction
Afternoon workshops are:
- Where to Go From Here? Navigating Long-Term Care Options and Choosing a Long-Term Care Facility
- A Day in the Life of Protective Services
- The Medical Marijuana Alternative
- Tai Chi, Falls, and Our Seniors
- Benefits of a Dementia Friendly Community
- A Guide for Caregivers: Reducing Harm from Gambling in the Senior Community
- Recognizing and Responding to the Stress of Clients, Clinicians, and Caregivers from a Clinical and Experiential Perspective
Six Continuing education hours (CEs) will be available.
Due to space considerations, registration will be capped, so sign up soon to reserve a spot! To see additional details and to register, click here.
To book your vendor table today, contact Heather Jolicoeur at by email.