If you're looking for a way to make the world around you a little better, check out these two volunteer training opportunities - and pass it forward to a friend!
- Written by Jessica Riel
- Published: 09 September 2018
Volunteer with Long-Term Care Ombudsman
Next free training: October 3, 4, and 5, 2018, Holyoke, MA
In just a few hours each week, you can make a big difference in the lives of residents of local nursing and rest homes. By slowing down and really listening to an individual resident’s concerns, you can find joy in ensuring the residents you speak with have a high quality of care and quality of life.
For more information or to apply, click here or call 413-773-5555 or 978-544-2259.
Volunteer with Rides for Health
Next free training: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, Greenfield, MA
Healthcare transportation is a critical need in our community. As a Rides for Health driver, you can be part of the answer. In providing an elder with a ride to a medical appointment or the pharmacy, you are making a difference in the life of the elder you're matched with and giving them the gift of independence.
For more information or to apply, click here or call 413-773-5555 or 978-544-2259
Even if you can’t make it to these trainings, you can still reach out to be added to the list for a future session.
Your life experiences and knowledge are invaluable and can make a difference in our community. Your time, no matter how small, can make a big difference.
The benefits of volunteering are numerous:
- We provide support and free training for volunteers on an ongoing basis.
- As a volunteer, you will get to meet and connect with other volunteers in your chosen program.
- Some programs provide free events and other ways to connect with colleagues during the year.
- LifePath experts provide one-on-one guidance throughout your volunteer experience.
- Some programs offer mileage reimbursement.