- Written by Janis Merrell
- Published: 07 November 2019
Enjoy a Thanksgiving meal at a senior dining center or luncheon club
Every year, local seniors age sixty and over and their spouses of any age enjoy a special holiday meal during the week before Thanksgiving at senior dining centers and luncheon clubs across Franklin County and the North Quabbin region. Thanksgiving dinners are a longstanding tradition at senior dining centers and luncheon clubs. A $3 donation per meal is requested. All are welcome: those who have been visiting for years and newcomers alike.
Thanksgiving dinners are a longstanding tradition at senior dining centers and luncheon clubs.
Menu items for this year’s celebration include roast turkey with herb gravy, whipped potatoes, bread stuffing, maple cinnamon butternut squash, and a wheat dinner roll, with pumpkin pie or diet pumpkin pudding for dessert.
Call your local dining center or luncheon club to find out if and when they’re participating in the special meal this year and to reserve your spot. You do not have to reside in the community in which you dine.
- Athol Senior Center: 978-249-9001
- Bernardston Senior Center: 413-648-5319
- Charlemont Luncheon Club: 413-339-5720
- Erving Senior Center: 413-423-3308
- Leverett Luncheon Club: 413-367-2694
- Montague Senior Center: 413-863-9357
- New Salem Luncheon Club: 978-544-2178
- Northfield Senior Center: 413-498-2186
- Orange Senior Center: 978-544-7082
- Petersham Luncheon Club: 978-724-3233
- Phillipston Luncheon Club: 774-262-0952
- Rainbow Elders Luncheon Club: 413-773-5555 x1242
- Royalston Luncheon Club: 978-249-9656
- Shelburne Senior Center: 413-625-6266
- South County Senior Center: 413-665-5063
- Warwick Luncheon Club: 978-544-2630
Other Thanksgiving Options
Free home-delivered meals on Thanksgiving Day are available for the elderly and homebound in Athol, Erving, New Salem, Orange, Petersham, Phillipston, Royalston, Warwick, and Wendell only. Reservations must be made by November 22 by calling the North Quabbin Community Coalition at 978-249-3703.
The free William J. O’Brien Memorial Thanksgiving Dinner will be held at 12 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day (November 28) at the Athol American Legion (at the corner of Exchange & Pequoig Streets). Transportation is available. Reservations are required. Call the Athol Council on Aging at 978-249-8986.
Contact your local Salvation Army to find out the date and reserve a seat for their free Thanksgiving meal.