Food and Groceries
LifePath Food Resources:
- Meals on Wheels: We continue to deliver Meals on Wheels and have offered extra meals to all Meals on Wheels participants to stockpile in case of a service interruption. We are following the strict sanitation guidelines put forth by the CDC to minimize risk. We have experienced a surge in new Meals on Wheels consumers.
- Grab n' Go Meals: Congregate meal sites are closed until further notice, however "Grab n' Go Meals" are available at Bernardston Senior Center (M-F), Greenfield Senior Center (Wed. and Thurs.), Orange Senior Center (M-Th), Petersham COA (every Wednesday), Phillipston COA (third Tuesday; closed Dec.-Mar), Royalston COA (every Wednesday), Shelburne Senior Center (every Wednesday), and South County Senior Center (M-F). Call the centers for more information.
- Grocery Shopping and Delivery: LifePath is offering volunteer grocery shopping and delivery in Franklin County and the North Quabbin areas for people over age 60 or people with physical illnesses or disabilities or people who are immunocompromised.
- Grocery Gift Cards: LifePath is able to provide grocery gift cards to individuals with a need, until the supply is exhausted.
Local Grocery Stores with Special Hours for Elders or Pickup Options
- Atlas Farm Store
- Big Y
- Green Fields Market/Franklin Community Co-op
- Market Basket
- Quabbin Harvest Food Co-Op
- Stop & Shop
Other Food/Grocery Resources
Stone Soup Café has added food delivery! Simply complete the online form and someone will arrive Saturday afternoons to drop off the meals for you and your family. All completely free! Each week Chef Kirsten creates a fresh and healthy meal with donations from local farms and sources and creates a themed meal, from soup to dessert! You will have an amazing, fresh feast delivered right to your door, completely free of charge. (Feel free to tip in SMILES.) They also have a phone line that will take orders: 413-422-0020. Orders open on Wednesday morning (open now) and close at midnight on Friday.
Bread of Life Kitchen (Northfield) is currently closed due to COVID-19, however, due to the current circumstances, they are now offering a grocery bag distribution every Saturday at Beacon Field (61 Beacon Street in Greenfield) from 10 a.m. till whenever they run out. This is a volunteer service and is free and open to anyone. First come first served. 9:30 a.m. is the earliest time to arrive. Anyone who comes before 9:30 a.m. will be asked to go to the end of the line. Drive up with your trunk open and the volunteers will place the grocery bag(s) in the trunk. Currently they are handing out 2 grocery bags per family but this may change without notice to 1 grocery bag per family. Currently the grocery bags have frozen meat, fresh fruit and shelf stable food: rice, beans, and soup however this too is subject to change. If someone is homebound and they do not have anyone that can pick up the grocery bag(s) for them, they can call 413- 498-5065 to make arrangements to receive a delivery anywhere in Franklin County.
- PeaPod by Stop & Shop
- Instacart (option for Worcester area)