LifePath HomeShare is a program where two or more people can share a home and expenses to their mutual benefit. No two home sharing arrangements are alike, because we value the unique needs and interests of all participants involved.
- Home sharing is for individuals of all ages, incomes, and abilities.
- Home Sharers must be 60 years or older or an adult with a disability.
- Home Sharers offer a safe and sanitary private bedroom and shared communal areas in exchange for rent, help around the house, or a combination of the two.
- Home Seekers could be anyone over the age of 18. This is a wonderful opportunity for students, part-time workers, or retirees.
Home sharing is a creative option to address the lack of affordable and available local housing and honor the desire of older adult homeowners to remain living in their homes. It is a responsive community program that values human connection and provides a better quality of life for all individuals.
Please, contact us for more information about LifePath HomeShare.
More information about LifePath HomeShare
- To participate in the LifePath HomeShare Program, applicants must be located in the LifePath service area of Franklin County and the North Quabbin.
- All participants will need to provide 3 character references and partake in several security checks to ensure the safest possible match arrangement. Home Seekers will be asked to provide 1 reference who is a landlord.
- Home Seekers will need to provide verification of annual gross income.
- All participants will need to provide a state-issued photo identification card.
- Each match can choose from an array of services to be provided in lieu of housing costs.
There are three types of home sharing opportunities:
Rent Only—No Routine Tasks Provided
The Home Seeker will pay the home provider monthly rent in exchange for housing. Rent can vary on a case-by-case basis.
Reduced Rent—Some Tasks Provided
The Home Seeker can provide a predetermined amount of service a week plus pay a small rent and/or help with utility bills.
No Rent—All Service
The Home Share participants will negotiate their match so that the amount of services provided will equal the cost of the rented room.
LifePath is also creating a “Do It Yourself” HomeShare Guide that will outline the HomeShare process and all of the steps required to make a successful and lasting match.
Home sharing provides multiple benefits for housemates of any age.
- Affordable green housing!
- Companionship and security. Folks can feel safer in their homes with an improved sense of well-being. Meaningful connections are created.
- Feelings of isolation and loneliness can be diminished, which leads to improved mental and physical health.
- Increases financial stability by providing supplemental income or reduced housing costs.
- Breaks down barriers between generations and cultures. Promotes diversity and intergenerational living.
- Offers more viable housing opportunities in the community that you love!
- It is a “feel good” experience helping others to age comfortably in their homes.
- Families can relax with increased peace of mind, knowing that their loved ones are being cared for.
Join our growing HomeShare community today! Contact us.