Information for Mandated Reporters
Individuals who are required by law to report elder abuse (Mandated Reporters):
Please call the Elder Abuse Hotline at 1-800-922-2275 to report cases of abuse. Following the verbal report, please submit the appropriate Mandated Reporter Form within 48 hours to LifePath.
Franklin County Mandated Reporter Form (22K PDF)
Berkshire County Mandated Reporter Form (18K PDF)
Mandated reporters of elder abuse include:
- Physicians and physician assistants
- Medical interns
- Social workers
- Case managers
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Psychologists and family counselors
- Police and probation officers
- Directors of home health aide and homemaker agencies
- Directors of assisted living residences
- Health aides and homemakers
- Council on Aging directors and outreach workers.
Mandated reporters who fail to report elder abuse may be subject to a fine.