Money Follows the Person
Money Follows the Person is a program that was established to help individuals with long-term care needs to successfully transition from a medical or nursing facility to the community. Money Follows the Person offers support to qualified MassHealth-eligible individuals and persons with disabilities to help move out of facilities and obtain services in the community.
To qualify for Money Follows the Persons, an individual must:
- be 18 years old or older and have a disability or
- be 65 or older;
- be in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or an intermediate care facility for at least 90 days (excluding Medicare rehabilitation days);
- meet the MassHealth eligibility requirements;
- have at least one day in a facility covered by MassHealth;
- choose to move to a “qualified residence” (for example, the person’s own apartment or home, a family’s home or a group residence with four or fewer people). Other housing options may apply.
For more information about Money Follows the Person, please contact us.