Our goal is to inform and educate you about your insurance options.
- Reviewing your current coverage
- Reviewing your eligibility for financial assistance
- Providing health insurance plan comparisons
- Helping prepare health benefit claim forms and applications
Areas of Expertise
- Medicare Advantage Plans (Medicare HMOs, PPOs)
- Insurance Claim Forms
- Medicare Supplements (“Medigap”)
- Prescription Advantage
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
- One Care Plans
- Senior Care Options (SCO)
- Health Insurance Options
- Prescription Drug Options
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Dental Coverage Options
Volunteer with SHINE
SHINE counselors are committed volunteers or agency staff who receive extensive training. Counselors become certified by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs in many areas of health insurance, including Medicare Part A, Part B, and Part D; Medigap insurance, Medicare HMOs, retiree insurance plans, prescription drug programs, Medicaid, Medicare and other programs for people with limited resources.
To learn more about becoming a SHINE counselor, watch this video.
More information about SHINE and Health Insurance
- Download the SHINE brochure (PDF)
- Medicare Beginner’s Guide (PDF)
- Medicare Part A and B Benefits and Gaps (PDF)
- Concerned about Medicare Costs? There may be help! (PDF)
- Dental Coverage Options (PDF)
- Presentation and Q&A: Medicare and More
Stories from our blog about health insurance:
- Time For Your Yearly Medicare Plan Review! September 15, 2023
- Graduates “SHINING” a Light on Medicare Options July 14, 2023
- Important Information for MassHealth Members June 29, 2023
What people are saying about SHINE
LifePath has been very helpful with the SHINE program.