LifePath volunteer opportunities
We can match you with an opportunity that fits your interests, skills, and schedule.
Nutrition and Wellbeing
- Meals on Wheels Driver: Deliver hot, noontime meals and check in on local elders.
- Nutrition Program Aide: Help serve meals at senior centers and luncheon clubs.
- Grocery Shopping and Delivery: Volunteer to shop and deliver groceries to your neighbors.
- Phone Pal: Connect elders to their community with a friendly weekly phone call.
Care and Advocacy
- Rides for Health Driver: Drive an older adult to and from medical appointments while providing companionship.
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Surrogate: Help people with disabilities collaborate with their care providers.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman: Make weekly visits to a skilled nursing facility and advocate for enhanced quality of life for elders.
- Home Safety Volunteer: Provide simple home repairs that help people live safely at home.
- Rainbow Elders: Strengthen our LGBTQIA+ network in Franklin County and the North Quabbin.
- Medical Advocacy: Provide support, transportation, and advocacy during medical appointments for older adults.
- Community Engagement Center: Assist with activities with older adults at our respite care site in Sunderland.
Counseling and Teaching
- Healthy Living Leader: Co-lead workshops for small groups of adults using evidence-based curricula.
- Money Manager: Help older adults manage their personal finances and provide peace of mind.
- SHINE Counselor: Support older adults to better understand their Medicare choices.
- Benefits Counselor: Help older adults find and apply for resources to reduce their household costs.
- Citizens Advisory Board Member: Advise our agency concerning Older Americans Act programs, community grantmaking, planning for elders, and nutrition services.
- Consultant: Do you have an area of expertise that might help LifePath fulfill its mission? We are eager to learn from you!
- Fundraiser: LifePath’s Annual Walkathon meets many needs—we need your help!
- General Office Volunteer: Administrative support helps us function effectively. Support is welcomed!
LifePath is an Al!ve Certified Service Enterprise.
More information about volunteering:
- Volunteer Ombudsmen: Problem Solvers Helping Residents in Facilities October 26, 2023
- Celebrate Residents’ Rights Month! October 6, 2023
- LifePath Volunteers Enhance Safety and Function (At No Cost) in Your Home! August 23, 2023