More information about the PCA Program
- Help you gain approval from MassHealth for PCA services
- Provide training so you can become an employer of Personal Care Attendants
- Provide ongoing support
- Complete Nursing and Occupational Therapy evaluations to determine how many hours of services you are eligible to receive
The PCA program is available to individuals enrolled in MassHealth Standard or Commonhealth.
People sometimes need help managing the employment of PCAs. In this case, a surrogate can help hire, train, and supervise PCAs. Surrogates can be family members, friends or volunteers.
Download the Personal Care Attendant brochure (PDF) Contact us to learn more
PCA Program Resources for Consumers
Mass PCA directory: The directory is sponsored by the PCA Workforce Council, and it offers a comprehensive and current list of people in Massachusetts who are ready to provide personal care and consumers who are hiring PCAs. Search for qualified PCAs by zip code and screen potential PCAs for criteria of importance to you.
Need new hire forms or a payroll schedule? Please visit the Tempus Unlimited website.
Keep MassHealth updated with your latest contact information and income to make sure you get the best benefit you qualify for. Learn how to update your contact information.
PCA Program Resources for Workers
For job seekers:
Mass PCA directory: The directory is sponsored by the PCA Workforce Council, and it offers a comprehensive and current list of people in Massachusetts who are ready to provide personal care and consumers who are hiring PCAs.
PCA employment: Current and potential PCAs can apply for jobs on this site at no charge. Those looking for work as a PCA can also call 1-888-627-7722 (1-888-MASSPCA) to be listed on the site.
For those working in the PCA Program:
- PCA Program Manual
- New Hire Orientation
- PCA Union
Personal Care Attendant Workforce Council: Provides information and support for PCA Consumers to hire, train, recruit PCAs. The Workforce Council's mission is to ensure access to a quality workforce.
Tempus Fiscal Intermediary: timesheet schedules and new hire paperwork.
Paperworkr: a software program that Tempus uses to capture and validate new-hire data online securely. Paperworkr uses prompts throughout the application to ensure that it is capturing all of the information Tempus needs to process the hiring paperwork of your new worker. The application cannot move forward without the needed information, ensuring that when Tempus receives your paperwork, the Consumer will begin to receive and be able to pay for worker services, as quickly as possible: Paperwork Link
Timesheets can be faxed to Tempus at 800-359-2884 or mailed to 600 Technology Center Drive, Stoughton, MA 02072. E-timesheet is strongly encouraged for efficiency and timeliness of payment.
Travel reimbursement for PCAs: You will be paid for travel time when you travel from one consumer’s home to another on the same day to provide PCA services. This is called same-day travel, and it does not include travel to or from the PCA’s home before or after the work day. The fiscal intermediary will automatically calculate same-day travel and reimburse the PCA directly.
PCA Wage/Benefit News
Wages: The PCA pay rate is $18.00.
- PPE for PCAs
- Vaccine Requirement for PCAs
- Vaccine Attestation form: This form stays with the consumer. Do not forward to Tempus, MassHealth, or LifePath.
- MassOptions: For MassHealth members who receive hands-on support from a PCA but are struggling to access these services during COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-844-422-6277.
Stories from our blog about the PCA program:
- How LifePath’s Personal Care Attendant Program Makes a Difference January 21, 2022
- LifePath Steps In To Provide PCA Services to 600 Individuals March 20, 2020
- Jean Adams ages in place with help from the Personal Care Attendant Program November 8, 2018
More articles on the PCA program