Many chronic health conditions can be prevented, treated or managed. Workshops offered by the Healthy Living program at LifePath offer you the chance to take control of your health and improve your quality of life.
Our evidence-based programs have been researched and proven to result in positive health outcomes for participants. Healthy Living workshops are free to all community members, including family members and caregivers.
Workshops offered by the Healthy Living program:
- My Life, My Health — Chronic Disease Self Management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Healthy Eating for Successful Living in Older Adults
- A Matter of Balance — Falls Prevention
All of our workshops are evidence-based, using curriculum shared by groups throughout the country.
New! Healthy Living Alumni Group
The Healthy Living Alumni group is for anyone who has completed any of our five workshops. It is held on the first Thursday of the month, from 2-3:45 at the Greenfield Senior Center, on an ongoing basis.
We gather to continue the work we started in workshops, connecting with others who are managing chronic conditions, learning strategies to improve our quality of life, and supporting each other to make small action plans to help reach our goals and move our lives forward in positive directions. We have a different speaker each month who offers a more in-depth look into the strategies we studied and inspires us to integrate lessons learned into our action plans. Registration is not needed.
Volunteer workshop leaders are always needed!
Healthy Living Leader description:
- Possesses good verbal communication, reading and interpersonal skills
- Willing to lead a small group
- Able to maintain confidentiality of participant information at all times
- Enthusiastic and dependable
- Treats everyone with respect
- Able to perform low-intensity endurance exercises
- Able to attend one half-day to four full days of leader training, depending on the program
- Able to facilitate a group in Franklin County or the North Quabbin region
- Must prepare for each class and be well-organized
- Must administer participant evaluations in a confidential manner
- Must promote socialization and a participatory environment
- Education/facilitation experience a plus, but not necessary