Craving some fresh zucchini or ripe blueberries? LifePath will be distributing 625 free farmer’s market coupon booklets, worth $50 per person (up from $25 per person in previous years). One of these coupon booklets could be yours! The coupons are part of a program from the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, designed to help older adults get fresh fruits and vegetables and to help local farmers sell more produce. In order to be eligible for the coupon booklet, you must be at least 60 years old and reside in Franklin County or the North Quabbin area, and earn $2,248 per month or less as an individual, or $3,041 per month or less as a couple. For each additional family member, please add $793 per month to the income limit. You will need to sign your name to attest that you meet the criteria to receive a coupon booklet. You do not need to attend a senior center or participate in any other programs to be eligible.
In order to be eligible for the coupon booklet, you must be at least 60 years old and reside in Franklin County or the North Quabbin area, and earn $2,248 per month or less as an individual, or $3,041 per month or less as a couple.
Please note that no cash can be given as change, so you may want to bring small bills and coins so you can pay the difference instead of using only part of the value of an additional coupon. Coupons will only be accepted by participating farmers at farmer’s markets or farm stands in Massachusetts. Each person receiving a booklet will also be given a list of the markets that are in the program. Please check with each vendor to find out if they accept the coupons. The coupons do not expire until October 31, 2023. Each person can only receive one coupon booklet per year. You can use your coupons to buy fruits, vegetables, fresh-cut herbs, and honey. Other types of items for sale at the markets cannot be purchased with the coupons.
Coupon booklets will be available on July 19 at the following locations, at the times specified:
- Athol Senior Center, 82 Freedom St., Athol – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saint Mary’s Parish Hall, West Myrtle St., Orange – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- The Senior Center, 7 Main St., Shelburne – 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Coupon booklets will also be available on August 3 at the following locations, at the times specified:
- Gill/Montague Senior Center, 62 5th St., Turners Falls – 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Erving Senior Community Center, 1 Care Drive, Erving – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Northfield Senior Center, 69 Main St., Northfield – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Deerfield Town Hall, 8 Conway St., South Deerfield – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Bernardston Senior Center, 20 Church St., Bernardston – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Greenfield Senior Center, 35 Pleasant St., Greenfield – 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Come visit to pick up your coupon booklet for $50 worth of free, local produce! If you have any questions, please contact Jane Severance, LifePath’s Nutrition Program Director, at 413-773-5555 x2271 or 978-544-2259 x2271, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.